ACER ChromeOS Tablet is here and I want one.

The image is from The Verge Article
I have been sitting on this since MACUL 18. I am thrilled I can now talk about it. I have longed for the day I could handwrite notes on a tablet. Now that time has come. I was able to get my hands on one of these tablets at MACUL. Writing with the stylus (which comes with it) is just like writing on paper. I am not kidding. It is the best digital pen/paper experience I have ever tried. The ACER Tab 10 will retail at $329 same price as the current iPad. This tablet runs the Chrome OS that will run Android Apps. I think this might be the first tablet that can really compete with the iPad. For schools, having all technology easily managed through the G Suite for education dashboard makes device management so much easier. According to the Verge "The Tab 10 has a 9.7-inch, 2048 x 1536 display with front- and rear-facing cameras, an estimated nine hours of battery life, an OP1 processor, 4GB of RAM, 32GB of storage, and a USB-C port. There’s also a microSD card slot and a headphone jack." It also has a 'garage' for storing the stylus. The stylus does not need to be charged. They will be available beginning in April in North America.

What the Press is saying

Read The Verge article for more details. The first Chrome OS tablet is here Chrome Unboxed's take on the tablet: Acer Officially Debuts The First Chromebook Tablet

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kasey Bell's new book, Shake Up Learning is coming soon! #superexcited

Google Arts and Culture: The British Library's Harry Potter: A History of Magic Exhibition